“It is the policy of Edgewood Surgical Hospital to comply with the provisions of the Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, to the end that no person shall, on the grounds of age, sex, race, color, religious creed, ancestry, disability/handicap, national origin, ability to pay or because a patient is covered by a program such as Medicaid or Medicare, be excluded from participation in, be denied benefits of, or otherwise be subjected to discrimination in the provisions of any care or service.”
This non-discriminatory policy shall also apply to the following:
- Inpatient or outpatient admission or care.
- Assigning patients or residents to rooms, floors and sections.
- Asking patients or residents about roommate preferences.
- Assignments of staff to patient or resident services.
- Staff privileges of professionally qualified personnel.
- Utilization of the health care facility.
- Transfers of patients or residents from their rooms.