Why Choose Edgewood Open MRI?
- Mercer County’s first COMPLETELY Open MRI
- Same-day scheduling with same-day reports
- Underwater sea scene allows for a relaxing experience
- Parents may stay with their child during the exam
- You may bring your own music CD, choose one of our CD’s, or listen to your favorite radio station during the exam
- Comfortable waiting area with complimentary beverages and snacks
- Superior radiologic interpretation
People with prostheses, artificial heart valves, implants, or any metal device in their body must notify the MRI technologist before entering the MRI. Under no circumstance should any patient with a pacemaker enter the MRI room.
Metalworkers who may have metal fragments in their eyes have a risk of damage to the eye if small metal fragments present. As a precaution, every patient is asked about any metal before entering the MRI. If you have any implant or prosthesis, please have as much information about the implant on hand for your MRI appointment.
Most MRI studies can be performed within 20-30 minutes. Some specialized MRI studies or dual studies can take longer. If you think you may need sedation, consult your primary doctor for a prescription for sedation before the examination.